Nina King and Debbie Richardson receive one-year extensions
With the expansion of the Division I Women’s Basketball Committee to 12 members in 2021-22, two existing members will have their terms extended for one year, while three new committee members will be added for the coming season.
Because the committee recently experienced significant turnover in its membership, having replaced five of its 10 members in summer 2020, the NCAA Division I Council Coordination Committee approved one-year extensions for committee chair, Nina King, deputy athletics director and chief of staff at Duke University and committee memberDebbie Richardson, senior associate commissioner of the Atlantic 10 Conference. Both will continue with the committee through Aug. 31, 2022.
Joining the committee Sept. 1, 2021 will be three experienced administrators and former women’s basketball student-athletes; Amanda Braun, athletics director at Milwaukee; Janice Ruggiero, deputy director of athletics and senior woman administrator at New Mexico; and Lynn Tighe, senior associate athletics director and senior woman administrator at Villanova. The nominations were vetted by the Division I Women’s Basketball Committee and endorsed by the Division I Women’s Basketball Oversight Committee.
OFFICIAL NCAA WOMEN’S BASKETBALL ONLINE/SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS/OTHER (#ncaaW / #WFinalFour):
- NCAA Evaluation Tool (NET) Rankings:https://stats.ncaa.org/selection_rankings/nitty_gritties/2021/WBB/1/current_rankings
- Women’s basketball statistics: http://www.ncaa.org/championships/statistics/womens-basketball-statistics
- Women’s basketball home page: http://www.ncaa.com/sports/basketball-women/d1
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ncaawbb (@ncaawbb)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NCAAWomensBasketball (NCAA Women’s Basketball)
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/NCAAWBB (@ncaawbb)
Questions about this release or other NCAA issues? Fill out our Media Inquiry Form, which goes directly to the appropriate staff member based on the fields you identify.
About the NCAA
The NCAA is a membership-driven organization dedicated to safeguarding the well-being of student-athletes and equipping them with the skills to succeed on the playing field, in the classroom and for life. Learn more